5 W’s to Answer!
Microsoft’s Future with SharePoint offers enhanced simplicity (e.g., latest modern libraries and lists), mobile interaction (the new SharePoint Mobile App), and efforts to make SharePoint core to O365 platform. In the previous blog, I had showcased the Microsoft’s journey with SharePoint over recent years.
I had taken a wide view and reported on few of the frameworks and principles which can be used to inform an organisational journey with Microsoft SharePoint.
With reference to the frameworks and principle in my previous blog, is that companies need to answer five questions before planning their future with SharePoint. They are:-
- Why? … the question of vision. In light of the business outcomes being pursued by an organisation, why is SharePoint the right answer?
- Where? … the question of governance. With all that’s on offer in SharePoint, where does it make sense to use SharePoint, what internal guidance is needed to ensure alignment with business priorities, and what rails need to be laid to decrease the likelihood of everything turning to custard (e.g., proliferation of low-value and out-of-date sites)?
- Who? … the question of people. Who are the key influencers in your organisation that need to be engaged to create context for the successful use of SharePoint? There are certain categories of these people – and their involvement needs to be shaped appropriately.
- What? … the question of engagement. Everyone across your organisation has current ways of working; what aspects of their work should be transitioned to SharePoint?
- When? … the question of adoption. Adoption of new ways of working doesn’t work without intentional activity. What strategies will be used to encourage adoption and drive effective use?
Probably I’ll come up with more details on each of these W’s in my future posts.